All documents are Adobe PDF documents unless otherwise noted.
- Applicant Handbook Revised January 2010
- Accreditation Requirements Manual: A Land Trust’s Guide to Understanding Key Elements of Accreditation
- Pre-Application Information
- Working with Adobe PDF Forms (MS Word)
- Application for Land Trust Accreditation (PDF form) Revised January 2010
- Master Attachment Checklist (PDF form) Revised January 2010
- Project Documentation Checklist (PDF form) Revised January 2010
- Accreditation Registration System (PDF)
- Accreditation Fees (MS Word)
- Application Addenda for Organizations with Multiple Corporations (also see related fact sheet) NEW!
To help better prepare applicants for the process, the Commission released three new sample documents you might expect to receive during the accreditation process. The first is a sample agenda for the applicant’s call with the Commission review team; the second is a sample follow-up letter requesting additional information (this letter is typically sent within a few weeks after the call); and the third is a sample award letter to a newly accredited land trust, including expectations for improvement. These documents are not intended to reflect the length of actual call agendas, follow-up letters or award letters, but are intended to show questions, requests and expectations that have appeared in actual documents. View the sample documents (PDF):
- Sample Agenda for Applicant Call with Commission Review Team
- Sample Follow-up Letter
- Sample Accreditation Award Letter
- About the Commission
- Accredited Land Trusts
- Accreditation Registration System
- Benefits of Accreditation
- Frequently Asked Questions about Expectations for Improvement NEW!
- Frequently Asked Questions about Accreditation and Accepting Fee Land or Conservation Easement Projects from Another Land Trust and the Corporate Combination of Land Trusts
and Mergers of Land Trusts
- Getting Started: Beginning your land trust's journey to first-time accreditation
- Multiple Corporations and Accreditation
- The Accreditation Seal: HTML | PDF
- Top 5 Tips for Preparing Your Application
- Land Trust Accreditation: A Primer for Land Trusts: Download a PowerPoint presentation (3MB) and companion script to walk your staff and/or board members through the accreditation process.
- Land Trust Accreditation: Excellence, Trust, Permanence, September 2008
- Accredited Land Trust Postcard, Rally 2008
- The Land Trust Accreditation Program, October 2007