Lottery Registration for 2014
Note: Not planning to apply for first-time accreditation in 2014? Scroll to bottom of page for information on expressing informal intent to apply for accreditation in 2015.
- Click here to access the lottery registration form. Your organization may register for the lottery any time between Noon Eastern on May 1 and 5:00pm Eastern on May 31, 2013. Completing the registration form and submitting payment formally enters your organization into the lottery. Additional lottery registration slots will be added as needed to accommodate all organizations that are interested in participating in the lottery. For complete details, see the Commission Fact Sheet, Lottery for 2014 First-Time Accreditation Application Slots (Updated April 24, 2013).
Before completing the lottery registration form, someone from your organization should have read the first-time accreditation sections of following documents:
- Accreditation Fee Schedule (includes details regarding the both the registration and the application fees)
- Applicant Handbook (includes information on eligibility and readiness, tips for getting started, how to complete the application, what to expect once an organization has applied, and Commission policies and procedures)
- Requirements Manual (includes information on how to document implementation of the indicator practices)
Application Rounds and Due Dates
- (For reference only) 2013 Round 1 application due date: April 18, 2013 (pre-application due January 24, 2013) – this round is closed
- (For reference only) 2013 Round 2 application due date: September 12, 2013 (pre-application due June 13, 2013) – this round is closed
- 2014 Round 1 application due date: April 17, 2014 (pre-application due January 23, 2014) – 22 slots will be filled via lottery
- 2014 Round 2 application due date: October 9, 2014 (pre-application due July 15, 2014) – 32 slots will be filled via lottery
Note: Land trusts that submit an application in 2014 will have a decision from the Commission no earlier than 2015, as the process takes 8-10 months from the time the application is submitted. Please factor this into your planning process.
Expressing Informal Intent for 2015
Organizations that are not ready to apply in 2014, but that would like to express their intent to register for the 2015 lottery, may do so by completing a short online survey. The survey link will be open through August 30, 2013. For complete details, see page 3 of the Commission Fact Sheet, Lottery for 2014 First-Time Accreditation Application Slots (Updated April 24, 2013). Note: Land trusts that submit an application in 2015 will have a decision from the Commission some time in 2016, as the process takes 8-10 months from the time the application is submitted. Please factor this into your planning process.
If your organization is already accredited and is preparing for renewal, note that the Commission will send registration information specific to your organization generally six months of its application due date. The information on this registration page does not apply to your organization if it is already accredited and it is applying for renewal of accreditation; please do not try to register using this system. Click here for more information about the renewal process.