Lottery Registration for 2015
Scroll to bottom of page for information on expressing informal intent to apply for accreditation in 2015, 2016 or later.
- Due to the success of last year’s lottery registration process and the continued demand for first-time accreditation, we will be conducting a lottery for first-time application slots available in 2015. If interested, eligible, and ready, your organization may register for the lottery any time between May 1, 2014, and May 30, 2014. For complete details, see the Commission Fact Sheet, Lottery for 2015 First-Time Accreditation Application Slots (October 30, 2013). Sign up for our eNewsletter to receive updates as the lottery period draws near.
Before completing the lottery registration form, someone from your organization should have read the first-time accreditation sections of following documents:
- Accreditation Fee Schedule (fees for 2015 will be announced in April 2014; the accreditation fee schedule includes details regarding the both the registration and the application fees)
- Applicant Handbook (includes information on eligibility and readiness, tips for getting started, how to complete the application, what to expect once an organization has applied, and Commission policies and procedures)
- Requirements Manual (includes information on how to document implementation of the indicator practices)
Application Rounds and Due Dates
- 2015 Round 1 application due date: TO BE DETERMINED
- 2015 Round 2 application due date: TO BE DETERMINED
- (For reference only) 2014 Round 1 application due date: April 17, 2014 (pre-application due January 23, 2014) – 22 slots will be filled via lottery
- (For reference only) 2014 Round 2 application due date: October 9, 2014 (pre-application due July 15, 2014) – 32 slots will be filled via lottery
Note: Land trusts that submit an application in 2015 will have a decision from the Commission no earlier than 2016, as the process takes 8-10 months from the time the application is submitted. Please factor this into your planning process.
Expressing Informal Intent for Future Years
Organizations that would like to express their intent to register for the 2015, 2016 or future lottery may do so by completing a short online survey. For complete details about the letter of intent process see page 3 of the Commission Fact Sheet, Lottery for 2015 First-Time Accreditation Application Slots (Updated October 30, 2013). Note: Land trusts that submit an application in one year will have a decision from the Commission some time in the following year, as the process takes 8-10 months from the time the application is submitted. Please factor this into your planning process.
If your organization is already accredited and is preparing for renewal, note that the Commission will send registration information specific to your organization generally six months of its pre-application due date. The information on this registration page does not apply to your organization if it is already accredited and it is applying for renewal of accreditation; please do not try to register or submit a letter of intent using these systems. Click here for more information about the renewal process.