Renewal of Accreditation
Accredited land trusts planning and preparing for renewal must download and read each of the following documents prior to beginning, and have a copy of each readily available throughout the renewal application process:
- The Applicant Handbook (revised June 2012), which includes information on the renewal process;
- The User Manual (2MB) for the online system renewal application, which includes information about logging into the online application system (located online at http://landtrust.civicore.com), uploading and referencing documents, etc.;
- The Requirements Manual (revised April 2013), which augments and replaces the information previously published in the Commission’s Guidance Documents and now provides, all in one manual, information on the elements the Commission evaluates for every indicator practice; and
- The reference edition of the Application for Renewal of Accreditation (released June 2012), which outlines all questions and describes each statement and attachment requested as part of the online renewal application system (see below).
For your convenience in completing forms required for renewal, below are individual templates for your use:
- Land Conservation Project List (required as part of the pre-application),
- Renewal of Accreditation Agreement (required as part of the pre-application),
- Renewal of Accreditation Board Resolution (required for practice 1D documentation).
- Schedule of Dedicated and Restricted Funds (required for practice 6B documentation),
- Project Documentation Checklist (updated 4/23/13 effective for applications due after June 2013; one is required for each project selected by the Commission) and
- Final Submittal Certification (download, sign, scan and upload as part of Final Submittal Certification).
- Renewal Time Tracking Form. This form is optional; it will be requested by the Commission and need only be provided if the land trust opted to track the time.
If applying with related entities, also review the reference copies of the Addendum for Multiple Corporations – Basic and the Addendum for Multiple Corporations – Intermediate (as applicable; updated 9/20/12).
Preparing for Renewal
Accredited land trusts can take steps now to prepare for renewal:
- Read the Requirements Manual carefully to become aware of and better understand changes to the indicator practices and requirements that were published after your land trust was accredited (for example, practice 6D. Financial Review or Audit and practice 9H. Title Investigation).
- Review any expectations for improvement your land trust received and what progress is being made to address them. View a new fact sheet with FAQs about Expectations for Improvement and the Expectations for Improvement web page.
- Plan now to complete an assessment against the full Land Trust Standards and Practices within three years of your application for renewal due date.
To stay current on accreditation requirements, land trusts are encouraged to review the Requirements Manual and read our monthly eNewsletter which often contains important news and tips on particular standards and practices.
Land trusts preparing for renewal in 2014 have been assigned to one of the following renewal due dates (click here for a list of land trusts in each 2014 renewal round):
- 2014 Round 1 application due date: April 17, 2014 (pre-application due January 23, 2014)
- 2014 Round 2 application due date: October 9, 2014 (pre-application due July 15, 2014)
Application Rounds and Due Dates for 2015
- 2015 Round 1 application due date: April 9, 2015 (pre-application due January 13, 2015)
- 2015 Round 2 application due date: September 17, 2015 (pre-application due June 23, 2015)